July 9, 2014
I believe the Champions League is the pinnacle of competitive soccer.
May 13, 2014
MIT’s cricket team traveled to New Haven to take on Yale for the first time in their campaign this season. The conditions at New Haven were very different from conditions in the grounds that the team has gotten accustomed to. The prospects of a low-scoring game due to a wet outfield and slow, low pitch definitely dampened the spirits of the team. Winning a crucial toss, the Engineers decided to use the wet conditions to put pressure on the opposition, hoping the warm weather would bake the pitch and dry out the field by the time it was their turn to bat.
May 13, 2014
The MIT Sport Taekwondo team finished the season with a dominating performance at the last Eastern Collegiate Taekwondo Conference (ECTC) tournament, held at the University of Vermont on April 27. A series of intense sparring victories solidified the team’s second place in Division I, finishing with 451 points to Cornell’s 708.
May 9, 2014
After winning the first game of the 2014 New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Baseball Championship series against Wheaton, 6-4, MIT came back to sweep the doubleheader against the Lyons with a wild-ending 12-6, 10-inning victory to win the best-of-three series and claim its first-ever NEMWAC title. The Engineers will now get the conference automatic bid to the 2014 NCAA Tournament, which will begin with regional action on May 14-18.
May 9, 2014
The MIT men’s lacrosse team received four post-season awards as announced by the New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) on Tuesday. Harris A. Stolzenberg ’17 was tabbed for Rookie of the Year accolades and earned a spot on the All-Conference second team as head coach Walter Alessi was voted the league’s Coach of the Year. In addition, the Engineers saw Joel T. Santisteban ’14 and Paul R. Orrson ’16 receive first-team plaudits.
- 2014 NFL schedule undergoes multiple changes (5/6/14)
- Stage set for the Champions League final in Lisbon (5/6/14)
- UPCOMING HOME EVENTS (5/6/14)
- MIT cricket team squares off against Babson College for top ranking in league (5/2/14)
- UPCOMING HOME EVENTS (5/2/14)
- MIT softball drops final game of year (5/2/14)
- Real Madrid gain the upper hand with 1-0 win in first leg (4/29/14)
- Men’s lacrosse team surges from behind to secure an 8-6 win (4/29/14)
- UPCOMING HOME EVENTS (4/29/14)
- Taekwondo comes in third Club team competed in national championship (4/25/14)