June 13, 2014
Sometimes, contemporary art is inaccessible. It can be excessively abstract or seemingly absurd. Some of the art in the List Visual Arts Center’s current exhibition, 9 Artists, falls into this category. But on the whole, however, this exhibition brings together an interesting and diverse group of contemporary artists in a very powerful presentation.
June 13, 2014
The quest for the perfect steak may take you places: you might have to go on a pilgrimage to unfamiliar faraway lands, cross a language barrier with the chef to find your favorite cut, or spend a late night at someone’s grandma’s kitchen. Tango was all of that to us — a virtual trip to Argentina, a mine of perfect cuts, and a table for home-cooked meals.
June 6, 2014
After finishing a tour with alt rockers New Politics and playing at a variety of music festivals this spring, Magic Man was ready to jump straight into their first performance at Boston Calling. The synth rock and pop band calls Boston home, having spent part of their college years performing at house parties and local live music venues. Joey, Magic Man’s drummer, even reminisces about visiting MIT for Bexley’s Beast Roast party during his time at Berklee.
- MOVIE REVIEW: Godzilla is great eye candy, but not much of a story (6/6/14)
- BOOK REVIEW: Snowden’s revelations: the backstory (6/6/14)
- MOVIE REVIEW: Bringing the X-Men back to life (6/6/14)
- Boston Calling (6/6/14)
- BALLET REVIEW: Be brilliant (6/6/14)
- WORD IS BORN: Clan in Da Front: A Better Tomorrow (5/13/14)
- CONCERT REVIEW: Nearly perfect (5/13/14)
- BALLET REVIEW: Edgy and elegant (5/13/14)
- CONCERT REVIEW: Let’s talk about gender (5/2/14)
- INTERVIEW: Pricked will showcase extremes of ballet (5/2/14)