January 27, 2015
When an eight-person ukulele band from across the Atlantic comes to Boston, you stop everything you’re doing to see what in tarnation a band with more than one ukulele could possibly do. A lot, it turns out.
January 27, 2015
The MIT Musical Theatre Guild has had a busy IAP preparing for the opening night of their latest production, Lucky Stiff. In the words of director Jon Sue-Ho ’13, the production tells “the story of a pathetic British shoe salesman who in order to inherit six million dollars from his uncle must take his uncle’s corpse on a vacation to Monte Carlo.”
January 14, 2015
It’s generally frowned upon to do a somersault in a research presentation, but this was an exception. As the music started, the students leapt onto the stage and wordlessly described their topic in a series of graceful pirouettes, dipping and weaving around each other while seeming to be propelled by their arms. “Motion of Bacteria through Flagella,” the program said.
- MOVIE REVIEW: Bloated fan service and CGI in Peter Jackson’s final Hobbit film (1/7/15; 2 comments)
- TV REVIEW: The best show of the year is here — and it’s not on TV (1/7/15)
- MOVIE REVIEW: Interstellar (12/5/14; 4 comments)
- MOVIE REVIEW: Ambition and money make for a dangerous mix in new Bennett Miller film (11/25/14; 2 comments)
- EXHIBIT REVIEW: First look at Harvard Art Museums (11/25/14; 1 comment)
- CAMPUS ARTS: Elena Ruehr’s “Cassandra in the Temples” (11/18/14)
- CAMPUS ARTS: Infinite record: archive, memory, performance (11/7/14)
- EXHIBITION REVIEW: MFA after dark (11/7/14)
- INTERVIEW: Inside Othello (10/31/14)
- CONCERT REVIEW: Wildfires and melody (10/28/14)