Photos by Jessica L. WASS
Ridonkulous was one of many student groups to perform at the CPW Activities Midway in the Johnson Athletics Center this past Saturday.
There was a heavy police presence at the Boston Marathon this year. Security checkpoints to get near the finish line were established, and many roads were blocked with police barriers and public works trucks.
One of one hundred runners selected of the nearly three hundred who applied for Team MR8, the team established by the Martin W. Richard Charitable Foundation, runs the final stretch of Commonwealth Ave. before turning onto Boylston Street and crossing the finish line. The foundation and the team were established by the parents of Martin Richard, the young boy who was killed in the bombings last April.
Kappa Sigma hosted the Nearly Naked Nearly Mile on April 19, where participants gathered outside the fraternity for snacks and a dunk tank before stripping off extra layers and running almost a mile through MIT’s campus. The clothes participants wore to the event were donated to the American Red Cross and all proceeds from the event went to the Sean A. Collier Self Sponsor Scholarship.
A large portion of the sidewalk in front of the Student Center was blocked off on Monday as a construction crew began renovations to the area.
7. Jenny Lewis played earlier Saturday afternoon.
2. The Decemberists played their set despite a sudden downpour.
3. Jonathan Russell of The Head and the Heart showed why they have a reputation as such a great live band.
6. Jesse Lacey of Brand New gave an energy-filled performance to a receptive crowd.
<< First 1
4. Modest Mouse closed the final day of the festival.
| 5 | 6
| ... | 12 Last >>