‘Ghetto’ Dorm Party Sparks Race DebateGhetto Party Announcement
One of two e-mail Ghetto Party announcements, sent last Thursday to East Campus and Senior House lists by the party organizers: Philip J. Butler ’04, Leonid Drozhinin ’04, Ankur M. Mehta G, and Kabir J. Mukaddam ’05. The announcement contains the “Walcott manifesto,” which the party organizers say was written last year by several residents of the Walcott section of Third East.
8/2 (tonight) 10 PM
3RD EAST, DEEP WALCOTT
KFC, malt liquor, and boxed wine. 40'S, hubcaps, and trashcan fires.
BLING making (bring your old HEAs [A key previously used at East Campus]), littering, and rap.
And after you pass out from all the 40s, you can rest up in the walcott lounge tent-city -- designed to look and feel like those dirty places where real poor people live.
[An earlier announcement opened instead with the text, “Callin all you playas, pimps, hos, gangstas, and bitches... there be a party goin down in da Tetazoo walcott ghetto this thursday 10/2. So come on over at 10pm to da EAST SIDE fo' food, drink, and a genuine trash-can-fire heated tent city in our hood.”]
And heed our manifesto:
1. Litter frequently. Walcott is not a place for pussies or for clean people. Ghettos are not clean. Walcott as is is way too clean. If you find empty bottles (ideally 40s), hubcaps, or oil barrels, toss them into the hallway. If you are unsure about where to litter, litter in mikey p's room.
2. Graffitti is encouraged. Think your roommates (or mikeyp's) wall looks to clean? Fix the problem.
3. Loud music is key. Rap will be played at an acceptable (read, reallyfucking loud) volume. If your neighbors ask you to turn it down, threaten them with physical violence.
4. Ass slapping is essential. If someone slaps your ass, reciprocate. Do not take ass slapping as a sign of sexual harassment or hazing -- it is important to your well being on walcott.
5. Steal stuff from other areas of the hall. Do you need an extra computer and the ones on reuse won't cut it? I hear mattxmal [East Campus President Mateusz K. Malinowski ’04] has a good computer. He wont miss it -- and if he does, we will fuck him up real bad when he tries to take it back. If you steal something from somebody and they accuse you of doing so, threaten them with physical violence. Actually, just threaten everyone with physical violence.
6. Fried Chicken, 40's, Cheap Lawn chairs. Hells yeah.
walcott niggas fo life
"Girls pee pee when they see me
Nava-hoes creep me in they tee-pee"