MIT Student Found Dead at East CampusBy Frank Dabek
EDITOR IN CHIEF
A student was found dead in his room at East Campus shortly past midnight this morning.
The student, 23, was declared dead at the scene, according to the MIT News Office. Since family members had not yet been notified of the death at press time, the student’s name has not been released.
The death is being investigated as an accidental overdose of nitrous oxide, the news office reported. No suicide note was found at the scene.
The student was discovered by a resident of the dorm, according to East Campus Housemaster Jed Z. Buchwald.
Residents of East Campus gathered outside the dorm before being briefed on the situation by Buchwald.
The Walcott entrance to East Campus remained closed last night.
Karen Robinson contributed to the reporting of this article.