Arthur Petron—The Tech
Sections of Boston were engulfed in smoke on Tuesday evening, resulting from an electrical fire. A transformer burst into flames at 40 Dalton Street, across from a parking garage at the Back Bay Hilton. About 21,000 customers, mostly in the Back Bay, were without electricity.
Christopher A. Maynor—The Tech
Pockets of the Back Bay were still without power Wednesday evening, resulting from a transformer fire on Tuesday. Many venues in the Prudential Center used generators for electricity, but others were shut down. About 4,000 customers still remained without power Thursday evening, down from the 21,000 originally affected.