Say WhatHoly Crepe!Recipe for Christina’s Basic Crepe
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
cup melted butter or margarine
1. Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and flour; mix until smooth (you can alternate adding flour and milk to avoid lumps, or use a blender) (2 min).
2. Add butter or margarine and mix ( min).
3. Cover with plastic wrap and stick inside refrigerator (30 min to 2 days).
4. Bring mixture back to room temperature (10 min).
5. Pour about a cup of batter into hot pan (the highest setting on the burner or stove is fine). As you pour, twirl the pan around to coat the bottom of the pan with the batter as quickly as possible.
6. Let the crepe cook on one side until the batter is more solid. If you like crispier crepes, more like a quesadilla, wait until the edges brown before you flip ( min).
7. Flip the crepe with a spatula or chopsticks (yes, they work!)
8. Let the crepe cook on the other side until it is a solid texture, about half a minute. (At this point, if you want chocolate filling, you can take a bar of chocolate and put it on top of the crepe so that it will melt while the crepe is cooking!)
9. Slip the crepe out of the pan onto a plate and fill.
a) Christina’s Apple Filling: core and cut up an apple into bite-size pieces. Add to a pot and add in brown sugar and apple pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice) to taste. Add enough water to create a small layer at the bottom of the pot and let cook. Add spices and sugar to taste and stop cooking at the desired texture. (This can be made during the 10 minutes that it takes for the crepes to come to room temperature.)
b) Melted chocolate
f) Ham and Cheese
g) Pie Filling
h) Whipped Cream