Lessons Learned at the Anime Boston Formal Ball
• Incorrect dosages of sleep, food, and Viennese Waltz may result in extreme dizziness, nausea, loss of equilibrium, and mild hysterical laughter.
• Do not attempt the rumba without absolute confidence in the integrity of your hips.
• Try to reach the venue early, lest you find yourself trapped at midday in a Green Line subway car that smells distinctly of nerd.
• Just because you’re dancing the tango doesn’t mean you have to wear a “seductive death glare.” It’s unsettling for your partner and painful for your face.
• Don’t be afraid to cover your lack of dance moves with polite small talk, costume compliments, and apologies.
—Michael T. Lin