New off-campus places!
Exam season is starting up again! But if you decide to take a study break and get out of the bubble, you’ll notice there are a few things right off campus that have changed since last semester.
• Leisure Station in Kendall Square is now closed on Sundays.
• Area 4, a restaurant doubling as a bakery/coffeehouse and a bar/oven, is now open in Tech Square near Building 46.
• Shaw’s/Star Market has an expanded their selection of school supplies and kitchenwares. You can also get a sticker from customer service to put on the back of your MIT ID for an extra five percent off everything.
• All Asia, a popular bar and live music venue, is slated to move into the building that was formerly housed by CCTV at 675 Massachusetts Avenue. Last term, MIT announced that it plans to redevelop the property All Asia currently occupies.
• Veggie Galaxy, a vegan diner and bakery, is now open in Central square.
• Blick’s Art Supplies is now open in Central Square near the T-stop, replacing Pearl Arts and Craft Supplies.
• The Redbones food truck, serving southern style BBQ, will now stop in Cambridge on Sundays until Nov. 23 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. right outside Harvard at Memorial Drive and Flagg Street.
• Economy Hardware is still not open, despite plans to reopen last spring.—Stan Gill