Top 5 Albums to Blow Out Your Eardrums
1. To Live and Shave in L.A., “The Wigmaker in Eighteenth-Century Williamsburg”
2. Hair Police, “Drawn Dead”
3. Prurient, “And Still, Wanting”
4. Kevin Drumm, “Sheer Hellish Miasma”
5. Yellow Swans, “Psychic Secession”
Harsh noise is in, and it’s not going anywhere. If you listened to any of these records the way they’re meant to be played, you’d go deaf by the end. Full of feedback, static, screaming, pounding bass, and of course, dentist drills, harsh noise is one of the best ways to piss off your roommate and entertain the side of you that thinks death metal is for sissies.
Hear these records and more from all sub-genres of noise, plus plenty of indie rock on Lady Lost Her Lunch, Monday nights at 11 p.m. on WMBR 88.1 FM, hosted by Gabe Cira and Dugan Hayes.